Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Secure ACS vs. Firewall

From: Rudolf Eggelbusch <rudolf.eggelbusch () web de>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:54:39 +0200

Hi Mario,

I expect that that the company whant to use WEP Encryption(better than nothing but not a strong encryption) and or LEAP Authentication for that reason Cisco Secure ACS is needed. If you need to have more security as with WEP Encryption you can build an overlay VPN with VPN Clients on the forklisters (PC, Terminals) and a central VPN Concentrator like the VPN3000 from Cisco this Concentrator has also an Firewall build in and it offers a DMZ Zone for Wireless.
This box is very easy to configure and has reporting features build in.

Best Regards Rudolf Eggelbusch, CCSS1/CCIP