Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Microsoft ISA Server Vulnerabilities

From: "David Sommers" <dsommers () dialogmedical com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:35:35 -0400

I also doubt you have all ports over 1023 open.

You would have to create an IP Packet Filter to allow TCP ports over 1023, and these ports are only open to the
designated Local Computer.  So if you need an application to run that requires the above ports, place it on the DMZ and
designate only that computer as "Local computer".  If you have a B2B application and you know the IP of the remote
computer, put that IP address under "Remote computer".

It would be hard for you to use Server Publishing to open the ports, because you'd have to create a sperate Protocol
Definition for each port and that would take forever.

You can view which ports are "acutally" open on your ISA system by using the command "netstat -na"

David Sommers.