Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: sendmail trojan

From: "Vince" <vdh () plutonium homeunix com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:26:04 -0700

Assuming you were scanning line for line.  There is a bunch of system
tools to automate scanning through multiple files.
If the trojan was enclosed in <blink></blink> you could run
grep "<blink>" ./*

To find it.

If you found a relation in the malicious source, you could easily grep
for common traits.