Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Listener on ports 137, 138, 139

From: "Bruyere, Michel" <mbruyere () ezemcanada com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:38:49 -0400

Hi,
        Its only netbios that is listening, in other words,  file and print
sharing. For the address you are seeing, its the default address given when
you are set to use DHCP but no DHCP server was found. In your case its
before you connect to your ADSL provider which will give you a "real" IP.

Hope this help