Security Basics mailing list archives

AW: Open All Outbound Ports?

From: "Robert Sieber" <rsieber () web de>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:56:19 +0100

From my point of view there will be a big lack of security if you open all
outbound ports. Every application would have full access to the internet
- do you really want it?

More then 50% of all security risks are base insinde your network. So it
is very important to have an strict policy for outbound applications! You
should review all requests very carfully! Verify if there is a real need
to open this ports - all open ports could be used by other "unfriendly"
programs!

Robert

--
http://board.protecus.de - Firewalls, Security and more ...