Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ActivCard - ActivKey

From: Xu He <xuhe () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:49:44 -0800 (PST)

If you client platform is mostly Windows based, ActivCard is a very nice
product.  I have used Serial, USB and ActivKey solution, the ActivKey is
certainly the better choice in terms of convience.  It's the most user friendly
version of the Smart Card concept.

My only problem with the SmartCard/Key technology is that it is still
relatively expensive to implement.  The last time I check, I think it was
around $50-70 per card+the ActivCard Gold software in bulk ~1000.

One of the main criteria for evaluation is the ease of use, and the ActivGold
software is very easy to use.  However, I haven't played with any other
product.

In todays market, one of the main thing I'd look for in a company is stability.
 ActivCard is one of the relatively stable ones, stock symbol (ACTI).

My .02c

--- John Smithson <why1234 () hotmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for your response on ActivKey Solution by ActivCard.  If anyone
have implemented this solution, could you kindly provide your feedback (any
price, features, etc.)

I'm on researching phase, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks