Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Popup security sales gimmick

From: "Greg van der Gaast" <greg.van.der.gaast () ordina nl>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:07:05 +0100

I agree, I don't think any of this is actually being displayed by the
web server itself. It just loads your local explorer within ie. The fact
that I can view 20mb image files in a few seconds on a 28.8 connection
makes it pretty obvious that I'm not receiving the data from the site.
Nice for fud, maybe there's some way of using this to trick people into
sending over data. As always, clue is the cure.

Regards,

Greg