Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Need Help

From: "LEHMANN, TODD" <TODLEH () SAFECO com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:45:54 -0800

If you fail to sell mgmt on additional personnel, you may want to use an
idea I saw in another string on this list.

Create a document that properly reflects the gravity of the situation, and
states what steps you took to relay the information to mgmt, then include a
signature line that states that they have read the information presented by
yourself, then make someone that is high-level sign it. Someone that is
director level or above.

That way if there is a major security breach or the help desk starts failing
horribly, you can present that document and no one can say you didn't try.
It will also redirect any disciplinary action towards the people who signed
the document, not you. After all, they would not let you perform your duties
properly and you have proof.

If you do get targeted and are disciplined are terminated, you then have a
legal means of fighting your termination or suing.

Todd Lehmann

The views stated, reflected, insinuated, innuendoed, implied, explied, or
double-plied in this email are those of the sender only, and do not reflect
the views of Safeco Insurance or any of its employees