Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: make rpm-package does not build custom dissectors ...

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 08:54:09 -0700

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 7:56 AM Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe () gmail com> wrote:

Hi folks,

In one project I have a bunch of custom dissectors in a 3.5.0 build.

They are all defined in epan/dissectors/CMakeListsCustom.txt.

When I run cmake it tells me it found the custom stuff.

Then when I run make it builds them (it logs each custom dissector being build.)

However, when I run make rpm-package the custom dissectors are not
built and there are not .o files in the build directory for the custom
dissectors.

Where should I look to figure out what is going wrong?

OK, a moment's peripatetic thought informed me of the problem.

Since I am not adding the files I generated to git and the packaging
process is using git to extract the files for building, they didn't
make it into the build.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe