Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: warning LNK4291: module may contain '__except' but was not compiled with /guard:ehcont

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 16:53:07 +0100

On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 at 16:36, Maynard, Christopher via Wireshark-dev <
wireshark-dev () wireshark org> wrote:

I’m not sure if these warnings have been seen by anyone yet, but I just
noticed them after updating sources today and compiling.

From: *https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/jobs/1395187730#L534*
<https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/jobs/1395187730#L534>
libmaxminddb.lib(maxminddb.c.obj) : warning LNK4291: module may contain
'__except' (Structured Exception Handling) but was not compiled with
/guard:ehcont; generating conservative metadata
[C:\builds\wireshark\wireshark\build\mmdbresolve.vcxproj]
*535* <https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/jobs/1395187730>libmaxminddb.lib(data-pool.c.obj)

From: *https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/jobs/1395187730#L3000*
<https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/jobs/1395187730#L3000>
minizip.lib(unzip.c.obj) : warning LNK4291: module may contain '__except'
(Structured Exception Handling) but was not compiled with /guard:ehcont;
generating conservative metadata
[C:\builds\wireshark\wireshark\build\wireshark.vcxproj]
*3001* <https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/jobs/1395187730>minizip.lib(zip.c.obj)
: warning LNK4291: module may contain '__except' (Structured Exception
Handling) but was not compiled with /guard:ehcont; generating conservative
metadata [C:\builds\wireshark\wireshark\build\wireshark.vcxproj]
*3002* <https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/jobs/1395187730>qtmain.lib(qtmain_win.obj)
: warning LNK4291: module may contain '__except' (Structured Exception
Handling) but was not compiled with /guard:ehcont; generating conservative
metadata [C:\builds\wireshark\wireshark\build\wireshark.vcxproj]

- Chris

I'd be interested to know if you see link errors on subsequent rebuilds as
noted by Martin M and myself in emails discussions today.

--
Graham Bloice