Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Is there some reasonable way to split up epan/dissectors/packet-ieee80211.c into smaller files?

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 08:11:19 +0100

Hi Richard,

yes, ieee802.11 dissector is big...
do you have some idea how to split ?

Cheers

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 12:16 AM Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>
wrote:

Hi folks,

The IEEE802.11 dissector is becoming unwieldy.

It is currently around 50,000+ lines of code!

I am adding additional lines of code for the Wi-Fi 7 spec. I dread to
think what will happen when they embark on Wi-Fi 8!

Is there some way we can split this behemoth into a set of separate files?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe