Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to troubleshoot extcap applications?

From: Jirka Novak <j.novak () netsystem cz>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 15:04:41 +0100

Hi Roland,

Could we additionally add a note to README.extcap? Just in case, some
external extcap tools sumble across this as well?

I think there is no README.extcap. There is just extcap.adoc, but it is
about application, not about code/API. BTW I'm missing it.

Or do you think any other specific document?

Also, one more thing, have you tested with tshark only or also using qt?
Qt in general redirects all std... pipes, which should not matter as we
are started through dumpcap.

I tested it with Wireshark/Qt. I can retest it with tshark too, good point.

Also, please test on Windows, as it behaves a little different from
Linux/mac in the case of pipes/standard pipes

I tested my try on Windows, but plan is to retest it on all three
platforms (Linux/Mac/Windows) before merge.

                                Best regards,

                                                Jirka