Wireshark mailing list archives

About i18n Translation

From: "qiangxiong.huang" <qiangxiong.huang () qq com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 21:53:23 +0800

HI, I have two questions about wireshark i18n:

1. Are the files *.po in debian/po only used in debian platform or all platforms (like windows)?
(If these *.po are used in all platforms, I think they can also be used to add new strings for title and description
preference in epan/dissectors/packet-xxx.c)

2. Do the projects in https://www.transifex.com/wireshark/wireshark/ still work like  "12.2.4.5. Internationalization
and Translation" of https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChUIQt.html#_source_code_overview says, **each
week** translations are automatically synchronized with the source code?

Regards,
Huang Qiangxiong