Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Dissectors with the same abbreviation

From: Tomasz Moń <desowin () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 08:20:51 +0100

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 4:19 PM Pascal Quantin <pascal () wireshark org> wrote:
Le ven. 20 mars 2020 à 16:10, Tomasz Moń <desowin () gmail com> a écrit :
What abbreviation should Picture Transfer Protocol dissector use?
iso_ptp maybe?

Initially I was thinking about just "iso15740", but this suggestion
makes me think "ptp_iso15740" would be best. The ptp at the beginning
is what people are used to, and iso15740 added as suffix so it can be
easily differentiated from ieee1588. That way when writing filtering
rule, the auto-completion can help so it won't be necessary to
remember the exact iso number.