Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Links to Wiki in codebase

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 10:57:29 -0700

On 8/19/20 10:06 AM, chuck c wrote:
There are links to the old Wiki in the code.
Example:
    QUrl wiki_url = QString("https://wiki.wireshark.org/Protocols/%1";).arg(proto_abbrev);
    QDesktopServices::openUrl(wiki_url);

Will there be a redirect from old wiki page to new wiki page or should the URLs be updated as we encounter them?

The new home of the wiki is https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/home, so links should point there. This
would be a good opportunity for anyone who wants to familiarize themselves with the GitLab workflow.

Wiki page redirects are in my post-migration to-do list. Not all of the page paths have a 1:1 mapping from the old
server to the new one, so redirecting will require a bit of munging.