Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-dev] The Wireshark wiki has a new home

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 14:15:37 -0700

On 8/12/20 12:17 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:

* Create a separate, public wiki-only gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark-wiki project, and grant Developer permissions to
anyone that wants to contribute.

* Create a separate, possibly-private wiki-only gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark-wiki-backend project, grant Developer
permissions to anyone that wants to contribute, and mirror it to the main project wiki.

* Some other variation of the previous two items?

I created a separate wiki-only repository at https://gitlab.com/wireshark/editor-wiki and set up a two-way git mirror
between its wiki and https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis (item 2 above). I've made a few test edits and it
seems to be working OK. If you'd like to try it out, please send me you GitLab account name directly. We'll want to
switch back to public requests as described at https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/HowToEdit, but there's no
sense in spamming -dev. I plan on making the editor-wiki repository private at some point in order to avoid linking to
it instead of the main wiki.