Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: NR-RRC Dissector

From: Anders Broman via Wireshark-users <wireshark-users () wireshark org>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 11:42:53 +0000

Hi,

If you followed the tread you could see that Pascal wrote(see below) an
explanation why the solution I tried was wrong so I reverted that code and the
sample does not work as you can see.

This might work:

text2pcap.exe -l 252 MIB.txt" mib.pcapng"

With the following content of the .txt file

0000   00 0c 00 18 6e 72 2d 72 72 63 2e 62 63 63 68 2e         nr-rrc.mib 6e
72 2d 72 72 63 2e 6d 69 62

0010   62 63 68 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00        (nr-rrc.bcch.bch
6e 72 2d 72 72 63 2e 62 63 63 68 2e 62 63 68)

0020   06 f2 d4

Regards

Anders

Hi Keval,

based on your screenshot you seem to have a proprietary encapsulation in the
UDP payload (we can see the string nr-rrc and a BCCH-BCH message - that
contains a MIB - is 3 bytes long only). So presumably here the real data you
want to decode is 0x06f2d4?

You should request to whoever defined this encapsulation the corresponding
Wiresahrk dissector / plugin that calls the NR-RRC dissector. Or use another
encapsulation method as the one described by Anders.

For the payload 06f2d4, the decoding is:

NR Radio Resource Control (RRC) protocol
    BCCH-BCH-Message
        message: mib (0)
            mib
                systemFrameNumber: 0c [bit length 6, 2 LSB pad bits, 0000 11..
decimal value 3]
                subCarrierSpacingCommon: scs15or60 (0)
                ssb-SubcarrierOffset: 15
                dmrs-TypeA-Position: pos2 (0)
                pdcch-ConfigSIB1
                    controlResourceSetZero: 5
                    searchSpaceZero: 10
                cellBarred: notBarred (1)
                intraFreqReselection: allowed (0)
                spare: 00 [bit length 1, 7 LSB pad bits, 0... .... decimal
value 0]

Best regards,

Pascal.