Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Problems building under Windows 10

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 06:54:03 -0800

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 11:43 PM Graham Bloice
<graham.bloice () trihedral com> wrote:

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 at 07:01, Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com> wrote:

Do you execute canoe from a Visual Studio Commandprompt? I recently tried it and it works fine.

Ahhh. I couldn't find the canoe.

This also works for me, without the need for a canoe though.

You can check if the command prompt has been set up correctly by attempting to execute the compiler (cl.exe), for VS
2019 you should see something similar to:

Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.23.28106.4 for x64
usage: cl [ option... ] filename... [ /link linkoption... ]

That seems to be the problem. I am in a Developer Command Prompt for
VS 2019, but:

C:\Development\wsbuild64>cl.exe
'cl.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Now to figure out how to get those things into my path.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe