Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Error while building NSIS package

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal () wireshark org>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 15:05:14 +0200

Hi Martin,

Le mar. 14 mai 2019 à 14:46, Martin Mathieson via Wireshark-dev <
wireshark-dev () wireshark org> a écrit :

As the last step of building a Windows package, I ran
    msbuild /m /p:Configuration=RelWithDebInfo nsis_package.vcxproj

and got the error below.  There are lots of libs in
C:\Development\wsbuild64\run\RelWithDebInfo, but no  libglib-2.0-0.dll

There is no libglib-2.0-0.dll library being used by Wireshark master
branch, as seen here:
https://buildbot.wireshark.org/wireshark-master/builders/Windows%20Server%202016%20x86/builds/5318/steps/compile_5/logs/stdio
Instead we use glib-2.dll.
libglib-2.0-0.dll was used by our old GLib package (that we still use in
master-3.0 branch). You probably built Wireshark with an old CMakeCache.txt
file that still references obsolete dependencies.
I recommend you to clean your build folder and rebuild from scratch (easier
than manually editing the CMake /vcxproj files).

BR,
Pascal.