Wireshark mailing list archives

Q&A site: not (or rarely) getting emails for followed questions

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 10:40:28 -0400

Hi list,

I've noticed with the new Q&A site that I seem to never get emails when
questions that I've followed are updated.  Except sometimes I do...  But I
can't figure out what the pattern is.

The latest example is:

https://ask.wireshark.org/question/7819/exporting-mate-filtered-displayed-packets-does-not-have-all-fragments-suse/

I was surprised the OP hadn't responded so I went to check the site and
found that they had responded, I just hadn't gotten an email about it.  In
this case I actually remembered that I was interested in the question...
But I'm sure there are others out there that I was interested in but forgot
soon after commenting and/or following the question.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
-Jeff

ps. if anyone knows how to automatically follow questions where you post a
comment that would be helpful too...