Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Calling the NR-MAC dissector

From: Andre Puschmann <andre.puschmann () softwareradiosystems com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 22:52:13 +0200

Pascal,

On 18/7/19 22:46, Pascal Quantin wrote:
No, you simply need to go to Analyze -> Enabled Protocols and check the
mac_nr_udp box.

Ha! Perfect thanks!

Best regards,
Andre

Best regards,
Pascal.

    Thanks
    Andre

    On 18/7/19 22:05, Pascal Quantin wrote:
    > Hi Andre,
    >
    > Le jeu. 18 juil. 2019 à 22:02, Andre Puschmann
    > <andre.puschmann () softwareradiosystems com
    <mailto:andre.puschmann () softwareradiosystems com>
    <mailto:andre.puschmann () softwareradiosystems com>>> a écrit :

    >     Hey,
    >
    >     I am trying to use the MAC-NR dissector with a PCAP that
    capsules the
    >     PDUs in UDP frames. It wasn't working out of the box but
    looking into
    >     the code it seems the heuristic isn't enabled by default. The
    attached
    >     trivial patch fixes the issue and Wireshark can dissect NR
    PDUs within
    >     UDP packets. Any reason why this isn't enabled by default?
    What's the

--
Andre Puschmann

Software Radio Systems (SRS)
http://www.softwareradiosystems.com

PGP/GnuPG key: 6C42AB31
fingerprint: 137A AE49 785B A445 257C 8AD7 D877 A498 6C42 AB31