Wireshark mailing list archives

Not seeing FOO Dissector in wireshark after successful build

From: Abhisek Techie <abhisek.study2016 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 02:31:07 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to  add FOO dissector as plugin  to wireshark .I am following
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChDissectAdd.html link.
But not seeing the dissector in wireshark after successful build in my
Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS OS.

Below are the steps I performed -
1.Created packet-foo.c - Dissector source. under /plugin/epan/foo
2.Created CMakeLists.txt  under /plugin/epan/foo
3.Added CMakeListsCustom.txt  set(CUSTOM_PLUGIN_SRC_DIR plugins/epan/foo)
4.Built  the changes and could see *foo.so* getting generated in build
folder
cmake -G Ninja ../wireshark
ninja
5. Ran wireshark with *sudo* command , as I was not able to capture any
traffic using non-root user
sudo WIRESHARK_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIRECTORY=1 ./run/wireshark
6.Generated traffic on port 1234 using python code
7. But don't see the protocol name as *FOO* in the packet list pane , it
still shows *UDP* as the protocol .

Any suggestions  on what I am missing?

Regards,
Abhisek