Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark 3.0.1 build warning on Windows

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 18:44:55 -0400

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 6:20 PM Maynard, Chris <Christopher.Maynard () igt com>
wrote:

Is it intentional that we're not building with the "fail on warnings"
flag on the
3.0 Windows buildbot?

Good question.  I think it is, but maybe for a very old reason that nobody
can remember?

It's because we don't want people downloading a 3.0 release then using a
different compiler version that we don't use on our buildbots and then
getting a warning-turned-error.

IOW it's turned off in the CMakefile(?) so users don't hit compile errors
(from warnings) in the released product.  I don't know if it's possible to
get the buildbot to turn it on again in our builds (i.e., only in our
buildbot builds).