Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Broken links to visual studio

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 15:47:36 -0700

On Oct 13, 2018, at 6:01 AM, Peter Wu <peter () lekensteyn nl> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:04:51AM +0100, basil tungekar wrote:
There are broken links in the dev guide to Visual studio. In particular the
VS 2010 links

VS 2010 is no longer supported, VS 2015 or newer is recommended. In
meantime the WSDG has been updated.

I've removed all mention of VS 2010 (other than noting that older releases were built with it) from the WSDG in the
master and 2.6 branches, because we now allow some C99 features in code, and VS 2013 was the first version to support
them; I don't even mention VS 2013 in the master branch, as CMakeLists.txt rejects it.