Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How do I use wireshark to investigate Snort IDS alert "A Network Trojan was Detected"?

From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <turritopsis.dohrnii () teo-en-ming com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 23:33:04 +0000

Good morning from Singapore,

Any advice?

Thank you.

________________________________
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 11:02 PM
To: wireshark-users () wireshark org
Cc: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Subject: How do I use wireshark to investigate Snort IDS alert "A Network Trojan was Detected"?

Good evening from Singapore,

I have the following alert "A Network Trojan was Detected" in my Snort Intrusion Detection System (IDS) which is in my
pfSense Network Security Appliance.

Is there any way I can use wireshark to pin-point the operating system process in memory or filesystem object which is
triggering the above-mentioned Snort IDS/IPS alert? I am hoping to know which executable file is triggering this
IDS/IPS alert.

Please advise.

Thank you very much.

===BEGIN SIGNATURE===

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic Qualifications as at 30 Oct 2017

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/
[https://s0.wp.com/i/blank.jpg]<https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/>

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic Qualifications – Historical Records, Office of the Grand
Historian<https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/>
tdtemcerts.wordpress.com
Historical Records, Office of the Grand Historian

[2] http://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/
[https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ccJoVC-fTho/W8rKgRYpDkI/AAAAAAAAAHg/v2yuemNL5kgXkYrIIxVCb1oLtuSgNTIKwCLcBGAs/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/Millionaires%2Bin%2BSingapore.jpg]<http://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/>

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic Qualifications<http://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/>
tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg
Historical Records, Office of the Grand Historian

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

===END SIGNATURE===