Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark seems to require Python 3.4 or better now ...

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 12:52:03 -0800

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:38 PM Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe () gmail com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:11 PM Peter Wu <peter () lekensteyn nl> wrote:

Like Pascal said, clearing PYTHON_EXECUTABLE from your CMakeCache.txt
was sufficient (you do not have to wipe the full build directory). The
default /usr/bin/python interpreter is Python 2.7, but CMake will now
search for python3 first and use that if it is new enough.

Why doesn't it fall back to 2.7?

I didn't have Python 3.x on that VM, but the cmake step should not
fail if it cannot find Python 3.x when 2.7 is acceptable.

However, it kept telling me that 2.7.5 was not acceptable.

Strange.

CMakeLists.txt says, pretty adamantly:

set(PythonInterp_OPTIONS "3.4" REQUIRED)

And it will not let go of that ... and changing it to 2.7 produces
something that still seems to build.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe