Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: modify wireshark interface

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 08:24:04 +0200

Hi,

“Show data as ISO8583”. Thereby you suggest that the data encoding has a specific codepage, currently not supported.
From reading up on ISO8583 this is not the case. It defines message layouts (as dissected in the packet details pane)
and uses ASCII / EBCDIC for applicable fields. The rest is binary encoded. So I wonder what codepage you had in mind.
If you were thinking about message layouts, then no, this is not possible.

Thanks,
Jaap