Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Help on packet correlation

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 22:54:06 +0200

Hi,

There’s a specific README.request_response_tracking on this subject in the doc directory of the repository.

Thanks,
Jaap

On 28 May 2018, at 17:36, Craig Jackson <cejackson51 () gmail com> wrote:

I'm working improving support for TDS. One part of the Sybase version of TDS involves correlation between requests
and responses. A request can declare a cursor, and the response returns with the cursor id. As far as I can tell,
they're only related by the request/response relationship of a sequence of packets.

It seems like this should be a common idiom. Could someone point me to another protocol that I can use as a model?

Craig Jackson