Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark 2.6.1 is now available

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 11:09:21 -0700

On 5/24/18 7:29 AM, Peter Wu wrote:
On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 04:23:48PM +0200, Michal Ruprich wrote:
Hi, could you please add the news into the release notes online?

It is there:
https://www.wireshark.org/news/20180522.html
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-2.6.1.html

The security advisory links in the mail and on the website look weird
though. Could it be related to the new documentation toolchain
(AsciidoctorJ)?

It is related, specifically due to AsciiDoc allowing dashes in macro names, but not underscores[1] and AsciiDoctor
1.5.7 and earlier allowing underscores, but not dashes[2]. In the release notes we use macros for links to bugs,
security advisories, and CVE IDs. In 2.2 and 2.4 the names have dashes (ws-buglink, ws-salink, and cve-idlink) and in
2.6 and later they have underscores. I ended up copying some dash-named macros into the 2.6.1 release notes.

[1] http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/chunked/ch21.html
[2] https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor/issues/2620