Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: 2.6 branch planning and post-branch changes

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 21:46:13 +0100

Hi Gerald,

I plan on releasing 2.5.1 tomorrow and I've tentatively scheduled creating
the 2.6 branch on April 2, followed by 2.6.0 on April 18.

As discussed previously we'll drop support for Qt 4 and GTK+ in the master
branch after master-2.6 is created. Unless there are strong objections I'd
like to bump the minimum GLib version to 2.32.

I'd also like your opinion on doing the following:

Deprecating or removing Autotools. We'd need generate source tarballs
using another method, e.g. tools/git-export-release.sh.

+1

Shipping the Windows installers with Npcap.

+1 (or alternatively propose both Npcap and Winpcap in installer). We
should also prefer Npcap over WinPcap if both are installed (right now we
prefer WinPcap).

Renaming protocols to match current reality, e.g. "bootp" to "dhcp" and
"ssl" to "tls".

Regards,
Pascal.