Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Building ASN.1 dissectors on Linux

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:53:10 +0200

Hi Marc,

Le jeu. 12 juil. 2018 à 14:48, Pawlowsky, Marc <mpawlowsky () rbbn com> a
écrit :

I am trying to build the ASN.1 dissectors on Linux but cannot actually
make them compile.

git clone https://github.com/wireshark/wireshark.git wireshark-2.6.1

# Introduce errors to show files are not being compiled

sed -i 's/void/ERROR/' wireshark-2.6.1/epan/dissectors/asn1/*/*.c

# Following build instructions from

#
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcBuildFirstTime.html#_building_on_unix

mkdir wireshark-ninja

cd wireshark-ninja/

cmake -G Ninja ../wireshark-2.6.1/

#   Build files written

ninja

# Build succeeds – I expected it to break

Edit wireshark-2.6.1/epan/dissectors/CMakeLists.txt

Change

add_subdirectory(asn1 EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL)

add_subdirectory(asn1)

And repeat the build steps above, and still the asn1 .c files are not
compiled

cmake -G Ninja ../wireshark-2.6.1/

#   Build files written

ninja

# Build succeeds – I expected it to break

What am I missing?  How do I

To rebuild all ASN.1 dissectors from their ASN.1 description, execute
'ninja asn1'.

Best regards,
Pascal.