Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: ATM Dissector: calling sub-dissector for specific VPI/VCI values only

From: Andrii Vladyka via Wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 14:13:08 +0300

Среда, 26 декабря 2018, 11:25 -08:00 от Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>:

On Dec 24, 2018, at 10:15 PM, Andrii Vladyka < a.vladyka () ukr net > wrote:

I have a protocol that works over ATM. I need to develop a sub-dissector that will be called by ATM dissector only
when VPI/VCI pair matches specific values range, otherwise leave ATM payload undissected.

Is there a way to register ATM sub-dissectors the same way we do it for UDP/TCP? I.e. when register sub-dissectors
for TCP/UDP we call dissector_add_uint() specifying port number. Is there way to achieve the same for ATM using
VPI/VCI values instead of port number?

Unfortunately, there currently isn't one.

A dissector table that takes a uint value that's ((VPI << 16) | VCI) could be added to the packet-atm.c dissector,
with the dissector using that at the appropriate place.

So do you want the subdissector to be handed raw ATM cells, AAL5 packet payload, or something else?

Hello Guy,
Thanks for confirming. The sub-dissector should be handed just 48 bytes of ATM payload.