Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Windows builds

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 21:19:13 +0100

On 22 April 2018 at 20:14, Dario Lombardo <lomato () gmail com> wrote:

Hi
I'm upgrading my windows 7 vm from vs2013 to vs2015 as per wireshark's
instructions. Once the setup is finished, I run cmake for win64 target, but
I get:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0>cd
\Development\wsbuild64

C:\Development\wsbuild64>cmake -DENABLE_CHM_GUIDES=on -G "Visual Studio 14
2015 Win64" ..\wireshark
-- Generating build using CMake 3.7.0
-- Found POWERSHELL: C:/Windows/System32/WindowsPow
erShell/v1.0/powershell.exe
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:89 (message):
  The PLATFORM environment variable ([undefined]) doesn't match the
generator
  platform (win64)

See also "C:/Development/wsbuild64/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

C:\Development\wsbuild64>

What does it mean? Am I supposed to set it (PLATFORM) or it should be
already set at this point? Or something else?
Thanks
Dario

The Platforn env var is set by the Visual Studio setup batch files.  I'd
guess that you haven't opened the correct command prompt as specified in
the Developers Guide:
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html#ChSetupPrepareCommandCom

--
Graham Bloice