Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Visual Studio install

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde () tecnico ulisboa pt>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 13:04:15 +0100

On 11-10-2017 14:31, Mike Hammond wrote:
Hi - I'm working through installing the Wireshark development platform on my laptop for the first time.  Things seem to have gone smoothly until
the installation of Visual Studio 2015 Community edition.  It seems to have installed without errors (I'm using the chocolatey install technique
via PowerShell).  But when I look for the Native Tools Command Prompt named in section 2.2.9, I don't see it.  The shortcuts I see in the Start
Menu (I'm on Windows 10) seem to be launching 32-bit environments.  In fact, the whole of VS2015 seems to be installed in the Program Files(x86)
directory.  Did I make a mistake in the installation?  I'd assume I'd be getting a 64-bit VS2015.

Chocolatey Visual Studio Community installation never works well for me. Using the microsoft provided installer is fine. Be sure to select "C++ build environment" (or whatever it is called).