Wireshark mailing list archives

hf_http_response_code in packet-http.c

From: "Sultan, Hassan via Wireshark-dev" <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 23:12:15 +0000

Hi,

I am starting to learn the Wireshark code base, and one thing puzzles me...

Why is hf_http_response_code defined as a FT_UINT16 with BASE_DEC rather than an FT_STRING ?

It's a text field... not an integer.

Anyone can enlighten me ? For the beginner that I am this looks like a bug, even though the display properly represent
the http response code. Happy to send a patch if that's case, just want to check first...

Regards,

Hassan Sultan