Wireshark mailing list archives

question about storing data

From: Su Hwan Kim <uju9169 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 19:57:37 +0900

Hi I'm trying to create a dissector that filters a retransmission packet by
comparing DSN.

Retransmission packets have the same data sequence number as the original
packet, so I want to store the DSN and compare if there is the same DSN.
Where could I store the values of DSN? How do I create the storage?

I've read the README - request-response tracking file, but I still don't
get it..

Let's say I make the c file, following the instructions of the README file,
then do I add the c file into wireshark directory? And after I do
everything like making the file and writing my dissector, How does it work?
Does my dissector reads the data from the memory pool that was made by the
c file?

huge appreciation to whom may it may concern,