Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Checking for Qt in a dissector

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 11:24:36 -0700

On Jul 3, 2017, at 10:22 AM, Paul Offord <Paul.Offord () advance7 com> wrote:

That won't work in this case.  It's actually a plugin rather than a true dissector - I didn't describe it well.

"Plugin" and "true dissector" aren't opposite.  Did you mean "post-dissector" rather than "plugin", as in "it's a
plugin post-dissector"?

It uses Qt code so it definitely will only work with Wireshark 2.x.x.

Perhaps we need to have separate directories for plugins that contain GUI code and plugins that don't.