Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Remove our bundled crypto library (in favor of Libgcrypt)?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 15:25:40 -0800

On Feb 6, 2017, at 3:17 PM, João Valverde <joao.valverde () tecnico ulisboa pt> wrote:

None from me but can we use Nettle instead? Any reason not to? Word on the street is that it is more pleasant to work
with than gcrypt.

Which, if any, of those libraries can be prevented from wasting Wireshark's time by telling them not to bother
gathering entropy unless they're doing it on behalf of some library called by Wireshark?  We only care about decryption.