Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Build issues with packet-quic.c

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 08:06:46 +0100

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Richard Sharpe <
realrichardsharpe () gmail com> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe () gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Dario Lombardo
<dario.lombardo.ml () gmail com> wrote:
Hi Richard, and Merry Christmas to you!
Which version are you using? Git blame shows me old commits on that
file (15
nov and older), but the code looks good to me and no warnings are
raised by
my compilers.

Hmmm, strange.

I am using the latest master ... maybe my default compiler flags are
more strict ...

I am building on something that is like RHEL 7.2 with gcc 4.8.5 but it
just started happening ...

and it seems to occur when I pull in Alexis' recent changes.

My version of gcc might be too old.

num_ts set here, inside an if block:

        /* No longer Timestamps Block with draft07 */
        if(quic_info->version == 0xFF000005 || quic_info->version ==
0xFF000006) {
            proto_tree_add_item(ft_tree,
hf_quic_frame_type_ack_num_ts, tvb, offset, 1, ENC_NA);
            num_ts = tvb_get_guint8(tvb , offset);
            offset += 1;
        }

so later at line 530 the the compiler can't seem to detect that num_ts
is definitely initialized.

I suspect that it is better to initialize it to 0 to quieten the compiler.

Hi Richard,

Yes, i look a issue with old compiler...
I will push a fix

Cheers

--
Regards,