Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Compiling on Centos7

From: Peter Wu <peter () lekensteyn nl>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 22:01:15 +0200

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 11:29:19AM +0200, Dario Lombardo wrote:
After removing libnl3-devel I get (from cmake)

-- The following OPTIONAL packages have not been found:

 * NL
 * PORTAUDIO
 * YAPP

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/osboxes/wireshark/build

But I have libnl-devel. That sounds a bit confusing to me... Which lib is
cmake looking for? Libnl or libnl3?

Anyway, without libnl3-devel compilation goes to the end.

This is a problem with the FindNL.cmake file which puts the wrong
NL_INCLUDE_DIR in the cache if you install libnl3-devel after running
cmake with libnl-devel installed. If you clean CMakeCache.txt and start
over after installing, it seems to work (I tested it on CentOS 6).

Will look into this.

Kind regards,
Peter

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml () gmail com