Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Win10Pcap and Wireshark portable 2.2.0

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 13:35:01 +0100

On 21 September 2016 at 13:28, Oscar Moreno <omoreno () gmail com> wrote:

Hello,

I have just installed wireshark portable 2.2.0 in my USB and Win10Pcap
into my windows 10 laptop. I am now having issues with my external mouse
and I don't know if it may be related with the Win10Pcan installation. To
be honest, I was hesitant about installing Win10Pcap, but I am not yet 100%
sure that the current version of winpcap will work fine on Windows 10.
Please advice.

Win10Pcap is a separate project that is not supported by Wireshark or
WinPcap.  You'll have to contact the Win10Pcap project for support directly.

The current WinPcap 4.1.3 version runs happily on Windows 10.

Why are you using the portable version of Wireshark if you require capture
capabilities, why not just install the regular version which will offer to
install WinPcap for you if required?

--
Graham Bloice