Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: ligcrypt version (Ubuntu)

From: Mike Morrin <morrinmike () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 21:20:50 +1300

On 10/03/2016 19:42, Pascal Quantin wrote:
Hi,

    On Mar 9, 2016, at 2:26 PM, Mike Morrin <morrinmike () gmail com
    <mailto:morrinmike () gmail com>> wrote:

    > I was intending to do the version check inside the dissector
    source file, that seems easier than putting an exceptional case
    into the make system.

packet-pdcp-lte.c is using the following define for this purpose:
#if (defined GCRYPT_VERSION_NUMBER) && (GCRYPT_VERSION_NUMBER >= 0x010600)

You sould also use HAVE_LIBGCRYPT define to exclude useless code for those who would not have libgcrypt installed at all.
I have now implemented something very similar, and added an expert info that warns about the reason for the inability to decrypt if an encrypted packet comes along.

---