Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] buildbot failure in Wireshark (development) on OSX 10.6 x64

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 15:50:20 -0700

On Jun 28, 2016, at 2:57 PM, Martin Kaiser <lists () kaiser cx> wrote:

Hmm, generating the .qm files seems to cause problems on OSX.

Or any other system not using GNU sed.

Not all versions of sed support "\n" in the replacement string for an "s" command.

All POSIX-compliant versions of sed should accept an actual newline character in that string, but I haven't been able
to get a newline into the command in the Makefile.

Currently, we don't have enough .ts files that we overflow any rcc limits on line length, so simply removing the "-e"
line that tries to split lines should make it work.