Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Compiling Wireshark with gcc-6: Lots of new warnings

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 11:33:46 +0100

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 1:41 AM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de> wrote:

Hello,

I just compiled current source with gcc-6 and warnings as errors. Attached
is the error log with the 351 files that error out.

Ciao
        Jörg

Hi Joreg,

Thanks !
About misleading-indentation, it is no "enable" by default from gcc
documentation ?

About unused-const-variable, it is already enable when use clang and clang
don't found this warning...
after a check, it is only from const define on .h file.. and when look .c
file, the const is used...
false positive ? need to include .c file on .h ? i have don't yet search if
it is already known issue with gcc

Cheers

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>