Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Current C-Standard used in wireshark

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 21:55:28 +0000

On 2 January 2016 at 21:21, Thomas Wiens <th.wiens () gmx de> wrote:

On 02.01.2016 21:40 Graham Bloice wrote:

What version of Git do you have?  In your case it looks like git bash is
being called and isn't able to execute tools\runlex.sh.

I have git version 2.6.4.windows.1 installed, and the only element of
that
installation on my path is "C:\Program Files\Git\cmd" which doesn't have
the extra git msys utilities.  I think this is an option in the git
install, however I install git using chocolatey so don't know what
options
the usual git installer may offer.  The choco install defaults to only
gitinstall\cmd, but does have options for GitAndUnixToolsOnPath which
adds
gitinstall\bin which is what you have according to the build log:

It works!
I removed git from the path variable. I've had the path to Git\bin and
Git\cmd added.

I've got Git version 1.9.0. But as I remember, I've added the path for
myself manually, because I guessed that might fix the build problem with
wireshark, as it's remarked as "missing" when running CMake.

Conclusion:
- Wireshark build instructions are correct

For myself:
- Read the docs and double check each point
- Don't add unnecccesary path variables
- Try to understand how CMake works

Thanks for your help Graham

Good news.

I've just created a change (https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/13008/)
to make CMake detect non-Cygwin bash and halt if so.  Hopefully that will
help others in the future.

--
Graham Bloice