Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: bugzilla qualification

From: Michael Mann <mmann78 () netscape net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 12:16:53 -0500

It's perfectly okay to log an "enhancement" in Bugzilla, just mark the bug as such.  It would also be a logical place
to store a sample capture that exercises the new functionality of the dissector in question.

If you think the functionality will take multiple commits, add "Ping-Bug:xxxx" (the number assigned to the bug once
it's submitted) as the last line in your commit message (just above the Change-Id).  For your "last" (or only) commit
that finishes the functionality, add "Bug:xxxx" to the last line of the commit, then Gerrit can automatically tell
Bugzilla to just close the bug.