Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Plugin Version

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 21:15:53 +0100

Hi Paul,

Hi,

I’m having problems setting the Version information for a plugin I have
developed.  I’ve changed the version information in moduleinfo.nmake:

# The version

MODULE_VERSION_MAJOR=0

MODULE_VERSION_MINOR=99

MODULE_VERSION_MICRO=3

MODULE_VERSION_EXTRA=0

and in CMakeLists.txt:

set_module_info(syncro 0 99 3 0)

I then run:

cmake -D ENABLE_CHM_GUIDES=on -G "Visual Studio 12 Win64" ..\

but the About Wireshark -> Plugins info shows as 0.0.1.

Is there somewhere else I need to change the version details?

No need to modify moduleinfo.nmake if you are using CMake.
But you need to modify moduleinfo.h file: this is the one containing the
version string as displayed in Wireshark GUI. CMakeList.txt contains the
version info as displayed in Windows properties when you right click on the
dll file.

Regards,
Pascal.