Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Highlight fields

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 09:22:39 -0500

I'm not sure this would require changes to the dissectors.

I would /think/ that this could be done similar to how the Expert Info
system highlights the (tree) path down to the item to which the expert info
is attached.  That is, it could be done in the proto_tree_add*() calls by,
for example:

   1. Checking if the field being added was part of the display filter
   2. If so then highlighting the path back to the root of the tree (like
   the expert info calls do)

I don't know, however, how you could visually distinguish expert info's
from the "here is(are) your field(s)" highlights.
On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 7:48 AM, Juan Jose Martin Carrascosa <juanjo () rti com