Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cannot open include file: ‘moduleinfo.h’: No such file or directory

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 14:05:36 +0200

Hi Paul,

Hi All,

I’m writing a new plugin dissector (nothing to do with my previous post).
I just have the basic functions at the moment of initialiser, handoff and
dissection – copied from the WS wiki.  The build in VS fails with:

Error C1083:  Cannot open include file: ‘moduleinfo.h’: No such file or
directory

The include is in plugin.c.  I run:

cmake -D ENABLE_CHM_GUIDES=on -G "Visual Studio 12 Win64" ..\

and I thought this would add all of the External Dependencies I need.
When I look at the Gryphon plugin, moduleinfo.h is listed under External
Dependencies, but when I go to my plugin it’s not listed.

What do I need to do?

You need to create a file named moduleinfo.h in your plugin folder that
will look like the one found in gryphon plugin. Simply modify this one so
as to change the PACKAGE and VERSION macros.

Regards,
Pascal.