Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Problems compiling wireshark 2.0.5 on Amazon Linux AMI

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:04:14 -0700

On Aug 31, 2016, at 6:06 AM, Zach Moshe <zach () simplex com> wrote:

I'm trying to compile wireshark 2.0.5 from sources on an Amazon Linux machine (AMI release 2015.03).
I run configure with --disable-wireshark as I only need tshark.

After installing all requirements, compilation goes fine, but I get this on linking stage:

Making all in .
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ec2-user/wireshark-2.0.5'
  CCLD     tshark
/usr/bin/ld: ui/cli/libcliui.a(libcliui_a-tap-comparestat.o): undefined reference to symbol 'fmod@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'fmod@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /lib64/libm.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib64/libm.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation

config.log is attached.

Could you also send the top-level Makefile?  From the configure output, it looks as if it should already be linking
with libm, but it's apparently not doing so.